Sunday, July 08, 2007

Excuse me, Bitter Betsy would like to say hello

Oh, is it Sunday again? Time to write?

I don't have too much to report. Went our Friday for drinks, did mainly errands and grooming and gym-type stuff this weekend.

I did end up calling the guy back. We chatted. Eh. My mind is elsewhere. Like, where did age 25 go? And can I have it back, please?

I browsed through old journals earlier looking for a tasty topic for tonight. The only thing I found was the realization that I have spent the better part of the last ten years drunk. And that does nothing but make me thirsty.

Things are picking up with work and I'm looking forward to actually being busy this week. I'm off to Scottsdale next weekend for a work event, and the weekend after, my friend Maria is coming for a visit. I am so excited for her to come, I'm already dreading having to take her back to the airport. I just need some QT with the EC (East Coast).

I tried to use my Delta miles to book a flight home for Thanksgiving, but I don't have enough yet. I then tried to use them towards Maria's wedding in Cabo, but unless I want a 21 hour layover in Salt Lake City, that's not going to work either. I either need to start using my SkyMiles credit card on all of my purchases for the next few months, or cough up the change now in the hopes that maybe I can get a free flight sometime before they expire in 2010.

By the way, I would like a date for this wedding in Cabo. It is in December. At what point should I start lowering my standards? I'm thinking five years ago wouldn't have been too soon.

Labels:



4 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

Only makes me thirsty? You're awesome.

Okay - set in motion Plan To Get a Hot Date For Lori for Cabo. Or I'll go with you. I totally put out. xoxo

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Diana said...

keep checking back every day (couple times a day in my case) with delta miles cause they will open up seats and sometimes people cancel. i did that for three weeks and ended up getting what I wanted. I know 3 weeks seems like a long time but it works.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren Conrad said it best, "what happens in Cabo stays in Cabo"... Don't stress, I'll call my people and get you a date from the D-list, at least it would be a night to remember.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do NOT lower your standards. The one you want will come along and he'll be all that you want and more. This is your first bitter (and not even that bitter, I might add) single girl post in ages. You're more than allowed to feel the burn every now and then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home