Sunday, March 11, 2007

No question, a California girl

I couldn't have had any more of an "LA day" had I written a screenplay about it.

The weather this weekend was forecasted for the high 80's. Even though Daylight Savings Time stole an hour of my beauty sleep, I bounded out of bed early to picked up my friend Mia for a morning hike through Runyon Canyon. By the time we found parking, it was near 11 AM, and we spent the next two hours burning our quads as well as our shoulders under the midday sun.

After our hike we hit Urth Cafe on Melrose for smoothies. I know.

We walked around a farmer's market for a bit, but ultimately, I dropped Mia off and went to meet my other friend Miya at the beach. I flew down to Venice, and then sat in traffic for 45 minutes until I finally found a spot. I met Miya and her friends at the Whaler for drinks, until we ultimately moved the party to their other friends house on the beach. And we sat and watched the sunset from their balcony overlooking the ocean.



Who am I, and how did I get here? And how on earth did I ever get so lucky?

Labels:



3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

Lovely Kiwi hangout The Whaler. Just when LA is bringing me down, this past weekend happens, aren't we a lucky band.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather up here in NorCal was beautiful too. So refreshing! Glad you were able to get out there and enjoy it!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home