Thursday, February 22, 2007

Gym miscellanea

I run anywhere from 7 to 20 miles per week. Hard. I have done this for the last 10 years. I have worked out, in a gym, for the purpose of sweating and endurance training and weight-loss and muscle-building, for at least the last 12. So how come whenever I get on the StepMill, I'm huffing and puffing and panting and gasping as if I've never exercised a day in my life?

........................................................................................................................

Isn't there always at least one guy in every gym that has to walk around a million times just to make sure he's seen? You know what? I see you. You are annoying. Now go away.

.......................................................................................................................

I suppose the gym isn't the most unusual place in the world to find inspiration, but the gym parking lot? My gym's garage always has a framed notice at the gate, with quirky and sometimes completely nonsensical advice. Today's adage: Never be afraid to try new things. The Ark was built by an amateur, while professionals built the Titanic.

Labels:



3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind me not to become a member, as an engineer I am really offended.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jill said...

The Stepmill is just one huge, scary monster! I'm terrified of that thing. lol.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes. the stepmill. a longtime foe of mine. in college, while our vball trainer was screaming at me to go faster, i managed to outrun the fucker, tripped, and took a chunk out of my shin. it was pretty. complete with a scar that is literally a divet. they should be banned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home