Monday, February 05, 2007

Bitter, cold

There's absolutely nothing better than running around New York City on the coldest day of the year. Especially when you learn that Los Angeles, on the same day, was a balmy 81.

I, apparently, had forgotten what "cold" felt like. I didn't bring a hat with me because, well, none of them matched my scarf and gloves. I did wear a sweater today but thoughtlessly paired it with a thin camisole underneath, to protect my delicate skin from the itchy wool. The wind gusted straight up under my wool winter jacket because I left the sash at home, fogetting it served a purpose other than "fashion accessory".

After my first appointment I stopped at the Gap and bought a long sleeve shirt to pair under my sweater. After my second appointment I bought a hat. I'm still kicking myself over the coat, though. Seriously? Did I not live in this for 28 years? What is wrong with me?

I'm just so excited for tomorrow's high of 23.



3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds warm to me :-)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

I hate it when my hats don't match my scarves and gloves!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

Ugh. I'll be in NY next week. Too damn cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home