Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pale January lay in its cradle day by day; dead or living, hard to say - Alfred Austin

Is it me, or has January been the Longest. Month. Ever. Honestly, I can't believe New Year's Eve was only a month ago. It feels like it should have happened back around Thanksgiving. And Thanksgiving? I think that happened sometime over the summer. No? Who knew that even in sunny LA , January still had a way of sludging along?

I am very excited for February, as just the first ten days alone bring action and adventure. First, on the 1st, I am going on somewhat of a blogging blind date, meeting the LA crew: Hilary, Nicole, Amy, and Randi, in person for the first time. (I hope it's a good hair day.)

Second, on the 2nd, I am flying back out to New York, landing the morning of the 3rd, for my friend Kristin's engagement party. There are about 90 people on the RSVP list, almost half of which are former Syracuse alums and former sorority sisters, which should make for an interesting night. Some are my best friends; some are people I really hoped I'd never see again. I'll be the one by the bar, requesting trance music from the DJ. You'll have no trouble spotting me because I'll be one of only four single people there. I only wish I was exaggerating.

I'm staying in New York next week for a work trip I planned when I was still dating John. Awfully crafty of me to use work to enhance my personal life; it serves me right that I now face three more nights in the mouse house. The good news is that I will use the spare time to catch up with friends I haven't seen in a while. And possibly go on yet another blogging blind date with Jill!

I started noticing last week that I don't have as many friends in New York as I used to. My best friends still live there, but a lot of my peripheral friends have either fallen out of touch or moved elsewhere. The irony is that more and more people seem to have followed my lead to LA. By the time I get back from my trip, my east coast friend Miya will have moved here. She's not to be confused with my college friend Mia who moved here over the summer. Kind of funny that two years ago I only knew a handful of people here; now, it seems like every other month someone else is looking for apartments, inquiring about rental cars, asking me for advice.

The following Saturday night is my friend Dana's birthday which has just slightly less than 90 people on the invite list. Fortunately, for me, a lot more than four of us will be single.



4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for blog blind dates. lol

You'll love Jill. We had a blind date in LA back in June. She ended up staying on my couch for what was it Jilly? 3 days? When she was scheduled to leave the next morning but I would not let her leave? lol

:) See you tomorrow! Where are we meeting?

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jill said...

LOL!! Yup, I think it was 3 days, 3 AWESOME days that is!! Have a blast tonight, girls. Wish I was there with you.

Lori, I'm so stoked for Monday. :)

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?
No boy bloggers allowed on this date?
I'm so gonna crash this slumber party!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat, Feb 3 DePaul 4:00 p.m. Game Notes Carrier Dome ESPN Regional
Mon, Feb 5 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. Storrs, CT ESPN
Sun, Feb 11 St. John's 2:00 p.m.

Terrence Roberts has the leadership role and Syracuse is still weak from losing Macnamara at the point. Devendorf and Wright haven't filled the void, however Paul Harris has flashes of Brilliance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home