Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I suppose I have to give a little

This is going to be a short post because I'm exhausted. And because I've spent the last four days stuffing, folding, sealing, and stamping close to 6500 luncheon invitations to an event I'm volunteering for, so my hands have very little strength left to type. I can beerly hold up my beer. Ha. See? I wrote "beerly" when I meant to write "barely". I'm tired.

For the last few years I have wanted to give back to my community a bit, felt the urge to donate my time to a worthy cause, and now that I have some free time on my hands (again with the hands) I am. The work is easy, fairly enjoyable, and I don't really mind the time commitment since the event will be over in June. But the company with which I've been keeping is lessening my feelings of goodwill. Everyone is super nice, super committed - but straight out of the casting office for Revenge of the Nerds, Part Infinity.

Sorry - was that mean? I didn't intend it to be. It's just that they never, ever stop talking, all seemingly finding each other endlessly fascinating. I find them irritating. And feel like crap for it, but you know, there's a reason it's taken me this long to volunteer for something like this.

Perhaps next year, instead of a luncheon, I can find a cocktail hour in need of volunteers. I think that's much more my speed.



2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could come volunteer for the Wine Auction & Soiree I help put on each year. ;-)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

ahhh i like your idea you left on my site.

it's so simple, yet it escaped me completely.

I owe ya a round.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home