Friday, April 07, 2006

A kismet kind of night

I wrote recently about how I've been experiencing a great number of coincidences as of late, and last night was another such night that has me thinking I should get my own personal astrologer on retainer.

I was headed to an industry event at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel, to which I've only been once, and only to drop someone off. Unaware that the hotel had two entrances, and essentially, two separate buildings, we inadvertantly went into the wrong entrance. I should have known it was the wrong entrance when the first person I saw was John Stamos. Yes, yum. As I tried desperately to control my googly eyes, I hear my name being called from across the room. It's Ryan, who's doing PR for a charity comedy show there. Considering I know so few people that actually do entertainment PR, and go to so few industry events myself, it was kind of weird to run into him at all the possible venues in Los Angeles. Okay, very weird. Susan Miller, can you hear me?

We finally figured out that our event was in the OTHER building and so headed that way. There was one minor celebrity sighting, but major in my book - Ted King/Alcazar from General Hospital. FINALLY, after 20+ years of being a fan, and a year in LA, I get a soap star sighting of my very own. It didn't escape me that John Stamos was also a GH star from back in the day. All I'd need is a Jack Wagner (Frisco) sighting and I could die happy. Mmm. ANYWAY...

We left the party early to meet another friend out for dinner, and rode down in the elevator with the same two women we rode up with an hour earlier. Realizing the coincidence, we made a joke and started chatting. As it turns out, the woman runs a beauty PR agency here in LA and was with her daughter, who works there. For 20 minutes we talked nonstop, playing the name game and swapping life stories as we waited for the valet.

It is sometimes so easy to love this town.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home