Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bartender, this post is making me thirsty

I'm not a huge fashion person, but I get why people like Stella McCartney. She totally rocked Chloe in the late 90's, has done plenty of enviable things with her own line, and has that neat British thing going on. Rumor has it she even has a famous father. But what I don't get is why people in New York (and all over the globe) are falling all over themselves to pick up her new capsule collection for H&M. It's H&M, people!

I don't mean to knock H&M. I got a lot of stuff there - when I was 24: club clothes, accessories, anything trendy. And the prices were unbeatable- which was why no one minded throwing their H&M shirt in the garbage when it fell apart after only one wear. Don't get me wrong - if there were H&M's in LA I would probably still shop there if for nothing more than to keep abreast of what those crazy kids are wearing these days - but I would never get on line at 8 AM to fight with fashion people for a $30 shirt that's STILL going to fall apart no matter whose name is on it.

STELLA! (Artois, McCartney, it's a solid name.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home