Monday, September 05, 2005

Desperately Seeking Dez

One of my favorite movies in the WORLD is on right now (I'm writing during commercials) - Desperately Seeking Susan. I've seen it a million times since it came out in 1984, but I always equate it with snuggling in my mother's bed to watch it on HBO. As an eight year old, I always thought of my mother as the cool Susan character, since she wore hip clothes and long earrings like Madonna did. Little did I realize how much more our lives resembled Rosanna Arquette's in Northern Jersey, but I have to give this movie some credit for fueling my drive to live in NYC as an adult. And possibly my penchant for Irish boys with blue eyes like Aidan Quinn.

My long weekend was fun and relaxing. Hit the beach, did dinner, went to lunch at Duke's, and managed to get in two naps in two days. Driving to Duke's and back today, I was (again? still?)overwhelmed with the beauty of the drive and disbelief of the fact that I actually LIVE here.

Labor Day in much of the country is the official end of summer and start of fall. Here, it is not much more than a day off from work. The air is hot and arid, the skies sunny, the daytime temps in the 80's. I fear the main difference will be seen in the increase in traffic I expect on the way to work tomorrow. I'm excited at the thought of my first warm winter, my first autumn not interupted by rain storms or cloudy skies. I'm looking forward to at least two more months of good beach days ahead.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home