Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hotlanta, part 2

Still stuck in the airport Renaissance, but at least the work day is over with and I'm heading out first thing in the morning. Our meeting ended around 1:30, so I came back here, did some work on the computer, and then got to indulge in the ultimate day-off/hooky-playing luxury: a full hour of daytime General Hospital. Ahhhh. I have only caught an episode or two since I started my job four months ago, because unlike in New York, my current cable service does not offer SoapNet. I could upgrade to get it, but the cost is significant, and to be honest, I don't miss it all that much. By 4PM today I was completely up to speed and not exactly pining to watch it again tomorrow (although with any luck I should be home by then).

I took a nice little nappy from about 4 to 5:30, and woke up to Rebecca calling on the phone. She and baby boy are doing fine and will go home tomorrow. It's almost 8:30 now and I'm ready to crawl back into bed for the night. My evening last night should have been uneventful, but I was woken up twice - first by Kinkos, next by the Kinkos courier who misunderstood the instructions to DROP OFF AT THE FRONT DESK - and then couldn't fall back asleep after I grabbed the unused pillow from the other side of the bed and smelled someone else's dirty hair. In a nutshell, Renaissance: DOWNGRADE.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home