Monday, August 29, 2005

Life with Frankenfinger

Now that the major drama has passed, I've become rather affectionate toward my injury. I think of it as a tender little battle scar, and am proud of the way it makes me look like I won a fist fight with a single sucker punch.

I checked with HR today, and sure enough, my insurance kicks in this Thursday, September 1st. Most likely I can use that toward the cost of getting my stitches out, although I don't think I can swing a retroactive credit (too bad). If God is not laughing at me right now, well then he really has no sense of humor whatsoever.

Not that I am in a position to be spending money, but I bought a digital camera yesterday. It was long overdue, and I just think of it as a purchase I made with money that will, as of the next pay period, be taken out of my paycheck for medical insurance. So, really, I'm breaking even. Okay, not really, but for as far back as I can remember, doctor's visits were followed by a reward. As a child, it was ice cream. After the beer bottle incident in college, I splurged at Victoria's Secret. So, given inflation and the evolution of "things that Lori needs now", a digital camera made perfect sense. And I can share the wealth with instaneous pictures of LA. As soon as I figure out how to work it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home