Friday, September 02, 2005

A stitch in time

I was supposed to get my stitches out tomorrow, but now that I am eligible for my company's health insurance, I am waiting until Wednesday when the doctor can see me in his office and my visit will be covered. I'm relieved that the visit will be covered, but I'm frustrated at having to wait four more days. The biggest annoyance is showering. For the past week I have been showering with a plastic bag wrapped around my hand to keep it dry - which only somewhat works. I've become pretty good at picking up the shampoo and conditioner bottles with my wrapped right hand, sqeezing and pouring the stuff into my left, and even getting it all into a lather using only my weak left hand. But I just don't feel squeaky clean. And after a long hartd week at work, there was nothing I was looking forward to more than just standing under a steaming hot shower spray with no worries of getting my hand wet.

Of course, that is a tiny complaint in comparison to the shower and cleanliness problems in Louisiana and Mississippi. I really have no words for that - it is completely incomprehensible to me. I feel like every time I read a new news item, it's like watching a bad movie unfold, where the situation goes from bad to worse to even worse. Only it's all real. The latest is this. What's next?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home