Saturday, June 18, 2005

Happy three months!

Three months ago today, I moved to LA. I don't know if that seems like a long time, a short amount of time, or just about right. Oddly enough, I spent a lot of this week feeling homesick for some reason. No reason, really. I guess things here are finally just settled, and it's not so new and adventurous anymore. Apparently my permanent vacation has suddenly become less a vacation and seemingly more permanent. And when I got online considering flights home for July 4th weekend, it hit me how far away (and expensive) the east coast really is.

I still love it here. The weather is great, the people are nice, the pace is nice, the quality of life is high quality. I need to get busier at work and start going out more like when I got here. When I moved here I was in touch with so many people; since I started my job I've barely made an effort. Tonight I am going to a party with Tracy, her friend Natalie who lived in our building on 44th street, and one of Natalie's friends. It is a house party in Sherman Oaks, which should be interesting, for this guy's 30th birthday. I remember when 30 used to sound so old; now we are all getting ready to round that corner. Speaking of time, I can't believe July 4th is in two weeks. In NYC, that always signified the "true" start of summer, when it would really kick off with the hot weather, parties, and frame of mind. Here, it is just another day.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home