Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Welcome to La Grange, Dorothy - there is no place like home

I am so happy. I found this great original piece of art on Craig's List this week - a framed charactature/cartoon portrait of old-Hollywood actress Dorothy Lamour, which initially came directly from her estate sale at Sothebys after she died in 1996. It is about 2 and a half feet tall, and is signed by all the cast members from one of her runs in "Hello Dolly", which could have been any time between the late 1960's and mid 1970's. I don't recognize any of the names/signatures, which is fine, because I didn't know who she was in the first place. But I only paid $20 for it, and it is by FAR the coolest and most ME thing I have in this entire apartment. See above pic...

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home