Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday

I've spent the last two weeks at work developing this PR program for the company. It was to encompass all aspects of the business, and I am presenting it to my bosses at lunch today. To be frank, I think it kicks ass, although since I am new to the company and haven't written/planned for them before, there's always the small chance I could be completely off base. That would really suck. This also signifies the end of the "free ride" - the last two weeks have been pretty much smooth sailing with me just writing down my recommendations; now, after this presentation, I will actually have to make them happen. Oh well, that's why they call it work.

I did the Santa Monica stairs again on Sat. This time, I found the other set, and alternated between sets on the two. The new set was all concrete, so more secure, but much steeper than the others and much narrower as well; so, even though they were more challenging, they were less enjoyable than the ones I did in the first place. As if to re-iterate my "only in LA" observation, there was a guy at the bottom of one of the sets lifting a tree trunk over his head. A tree trunk. Like one you'd see on the ESPN "Strongest Man" contests. The funniest part was that when he left he apparently took it with him. Which means he actually transported the log there and back for the sole purpose of lifting it in plain sight at the bottom of the stairs. I mean, if there was just a random log there, I could understand spontaneously using it as a weight device - people there do crunches and push ups and stretches like it was a regular gym. But no, the thought process was obviously: be out in nature, do like the natures do. Or something like that. There was also a woman who did the stairs with a baby nestled into her snuggly - the baby had to be at least nine months to a year old, or more, and weigh at least 20 pounds. Props to you, lady.

The most exciting news of my weekend was that I finally got a dresser. I actually got it from an ad on Craig's List, and the guy was able to deliver it to me. I like it so much (and it is smaller than I thought) so I am considering going back to him and buying the matching 4-drawer dresser. When I went out to buy drawer liners, I ended up picking up some other goodies at Bed Bath and Beyond, and last night was the first time I felt like the place really looked like MINE, and not some stranger's. Woo hoo. Maria and Kris are coming to visit for Memorial Day weekend, so they are my motivation to de-ghettoize my apartment. Slowly, but surely, it will happen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home