Thursday, April 28, 2005

Welcome to the 21st Century

I had read that this was coming, but wasn't expecting it so soon. Since the company I work for is expanding and my position did not exist before last week, they had to order me a new computer. It is a wonderful laptop, smaller and about half the weight of my one at home with the most current applications, some of which are new to me. But it doesn't have a disk drive. A disk drive! What we save our work on! Well, not anymore, I guess. I haven't actually saved work to a disk for any purpose other than transporting it from work to home and back, or from job to job, but that's exactly what I had planned to do today. I am drafting this huge proposal, and wanted to refer to some other good ones I had written, all of which are saved to various disks that I purposely brought in to work today. Oh well. I can still access the stuff at home and email it to myself here. It's just so funny that now a DVD player and wireless access card are standard fare and I can't even insert a disk. Certainly a change from my last job where I was working off of Windows 95 (slight exaggeration, but not really).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home