Monday, April 18, 2005

One month anniversary and Scott Speedman update

A month ago today I moved here. Let's reflect on how much I have done in one month:
- Seven interviews (by Wed it will be nine) and those don't count the two I came on in Feb
- I bought a car. I BOUGHT A CAR. I AM DRIVING A CAR. That is more change in one day than I had in seven years. AND, I somehow seem to know where I am going!
- Apt went from Ted's bachelor pad to my little nest. Almost furnished.
- I have gone out more in the past month than I did in three in NYC
- I bought a drill. And used it.
- Signed up for a crappy gym. Found a supermarket that takes double coupons. Discovered the joys of bulk shopping at Target. Made friends with the neighbors. Ran on the beach (twice); rollerbladed on the beach once.
- Had some decent celeb sightings - J. Lo, Marc Anthony, Denise Richards, and Scott Speedman.

Which brings me to my next item. Apparently a couple of Scott Speedman fans discovered this site, and asked for more details about the run in. Not that there are many, but it was at The Other Room, a bar on Abbott Kinney Blvd. in Santa Monica. He was hot, really hot. His guy friends were hot too, and if I had any game at all I would have made friends but I don't. Have game that is. He was just really animated and friendly, talking to a number of people in the bar - some who he came with and some who I think were just being friendly (read: girls who have more game than me). His hair was kind of long, maybe just to the ears, but not shaggy and not like I have seen it at times. He just kept smiling his signature grin. I didn't think much about it or him until I got these emails today and checked out this site: www.scottspeedmanshomecourt.com. Not bad. Suddenly I'm like a teenager again, only the objects of my affection are not Kirk Cameron or Jack Wagner (hi, 80's) in Teen Beat, but Mr. Yummy himself on the internet. How times have changed (not so much really).

Had a good interview today for an in-house PR manager position with a beauty company. If the money is right, it is PERFECT, except for the fact that the company is located in Pasadena. It took me 35 minutes door-to-door, and that was without any traffic. Tomorrow I have a second interview with the shoe company, and I am also going to the DMV to get my Cali license. Might as well make it official. Wednesday I am supposed to go to San Pedro, but I am going to cancel on that because I now have an interview with a PR company up here, and I really don't want to be doing sports marketing - even on a freelance basis.

Looking forward to Month 2!

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home