Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The crazy furniture lady

That would be me. I got my coffee table and ottoman today, and suddenly decided I hate everything in my apartment. Nothing looks right, everything is blah, and things JUST AREN'T WORKING. So this evening I rearranged my whole living room, and I can't decide if it's better or worse. We'll let the light of day tomorrow decide. One conclusion I did come to was that I want to paint my wall behind the couch. Most likely a bright red or orange color. Then I will get some curtains in matching hues, which should add some punch to this drab apartment. The outside is so nice! The bathroom is PERFECT! I think I am just not used to having carpeting, and this beige, blah carpeting at that. I keep going back and forth on how bad would it be to lay some colorful rugs over the carpeting. Kind of weird, yes?

Since my furniture wasn't being delivered until at least 1:30 today, I went rollerblading down at the beach this morning. I went south again, since I had parked (far) north, and that path didn't seem so interesting. So I skated down until the path ended somewhere in Venice, and turned back around. The skate turned out to be about 45 minutes, but I (stupidly) parked about a mile away, so I had a 20 minute walk back to my car. During the walk, which faced north - directly toward where the Santa Monica Mountains meet the ocean - I just kept thinking that, for reasons I can't explain, my life just felt so complete. Go figure. I have no job, no boyfriend, my friends are in New York, I hate my furniture, but if I died now, I would die so happy. All because of scenery, and maybe the ocean/mountain air. Or maybe I was just really tired from the skate. I hope this doesn't get old, the way New York did. Not that it ever held the same allure. Or maybe it was me that got old. And bitter. And cynical. Those are the few things LA does NOT have room for. This is a bitter-free zone.

I went to the U2 concert last night with Seth and two of his friends. It was great. We went to the Figueroa Hotel beforehand for dinner and drinks, and the concert was across the street. I think it was probably the first concert I've been to since the summer of 99 when I saw Paul Simon (awesome) with Bob Dylan (disappointing) at Jones Beach with Henry. Seth is good like that. He always seems to be planning this, coordinating that. Between him and Ryan, my two best guy friends here are the ultimate party planners.

Interview tomorrow with Chinese Laundry. Then I think I will go to Targert, and look for a TV stand and also get inspiratiopn for curtains and wall colors. So much for calling it a day with the living room; it's only just beginning.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home