Monday, April 11, 2005

Week 4 Begins

Which means it has been about 6 weeks that I have been unemployed. Not that I am not working. I wrote an interesting bio for an 11-year old mini-Beyonce this weekend, and a good one for a TV producer/director last week. But oh, my days would welcome some structure with open arms. Structure has lately consisted of going to the beach for a run or a skate, after I exhaust my online searches and random leads.

I actually spent about an hour on the phone today with a guy who does some search engine marketing and is looking for someone to spearhead a sports marketing campaign for one of his clients. He for some reason thinks I may be the one to do it, so I set up a meeting with him for Thursday. His office is about 40 minutes south in San Pedro, so I'd have to be a masochist to even consider working there, but hey, I have nothing to do on Thursday, and maybe I could get some freelance work in the meantime. He said that most of the employees were satellite, so as long as I don't take on anything full time, I could still continue to work out of my dining room.

I also got a call today from a position I applied to at - get this - It Girl PR - but I think the position offered is below me, and I probably only submitted my resume in the hopes that a supervisor position opens up. The girl asked me a lot of questions about my background, and was positive, until I mentioned my salary requirements, at which point she said she would call me back about setting up an interview. Well, that's what I get for applying to positions I am overqualified for.

I am having lunch with Brandy tomorrow, a girl I worked with VERY briefly at Behrman, and now does marketing out here. She mentioned that she knows of some open positions, so we'll see what happens.

I ordered curtains for my living room and can't wait for their arrival so I can get some color in here. They should come by the end of the week, and in the meantime, I am stalking my neighbors to see if any of them have a power drill I could borrow so I c an actually hang them(not that I would know how to use it, but I'm a smart girl - I could learn).

I so love it out here, but the days are getting long and very monotonous. Unless I have plans at night, it is hard to stay in a great mood during the day. I've been going down to the beach a lot just to pass time and be inspired, and it definitely works, but I know I will appreciate it more when I don't have hours and hours to spend there.

Ryan got a new job, working for Howard Bragman, of Bragman Nyman Caferelli. It is my dream job. He definitely deserves it, but I am so jealous ( in a good way). He has already offered to pass on my resume, but still... Arg.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home