Saturday, April 02, 2005

Two months til 29!

I bought a coffee table this morning. Macy's opened at 10 AM; I walked in at 10:03, and was signing on the dotted line by 10:20. I had an interesting conversation with the saleswoman about Daylight Savings Time. She was saying that every year her body clock automatically adjusts a few days or weeks before the official changing of the clocks, and she has been waking up every morning at 5:30 AM -- way before normal. I have been doing the same. Well, not 5:30, but I'll wake up every morning at 7 or so, and force myself back to sleep until a more sensible hour (sensible for me, anyway, it's not like my daily to-do list is miles long). I had thought that maybe it was because I am still thinking on NYC time, or maybe it is the sun that streams in my window everyday at 6AM, or maybe it's the springs in my uncomfortable bed that poke through as a personal alarm clock, or maybe b/c I am not working my body is just so well rested that I don't need as much sleep. In any case, we'll see what happens when I wake up tomorrow morning and thereafter. Not that I am complaining - it's lovely to have these days start early and last so long. It's just that I find myself looking for ways to fill them, that don't involve spending money. The coffee table I bought was on clearance, so I got a great deal, and it will be delivered with my ottoman on Wednesday. At that point, I will declare my living room basically completed, save for some more personal touches that will likely come with time.

Last night I went out with this guy that Suanne, my stepmother, used to work with in Boston. She put us in touch a few months ago, so we have been emailing, and just met last night. He lives pretty close to me, in Brentwood, and we actually walked to some bars in his area. Haven't done that in two weeks!

Tonight I am going out with Tracy and Natalie - not sure where we will go or what we will do. Natalie is Tracy's friend from college, and lived in our building with Lara when we all lived on 44th street. She moved out here a few months ago - another one to board the popular LA train.

I still can't get over how nice everyone is out here. People smile and say hi. I've met all of my neighbors and know them by name. Seven years in New York and I never met a single neighbor. I spent some time yesterday with Christina, who lives in one of the studios here. She is really nice, and looks about my age. She is a screenwriter (who isn't?) but told me that another one of our neighbors works in PR, so now I am stalking him out to see if I can talk to him about that. I actually met him last weekend, and he was super friendly, but I didn't know at the time that he was in my industry.

I also can't get over how gorgeous it is EVERY SINGLE DAY. I hate my gym - it is gross and cookie cutter - and it is hard to make myself go when it is SO gorgeous out. I have been running outside, which is great, but it makes it that much harder to consider driving there and parking just to lift for 40 minutes. At least the fee was cheap, and it's month-to-month, so I am not committed should I suddenly get a windfall and be able to join Sports Club LA. Actually, I'd probably hate it there too - for the opposite reason. Too many beautiful people for me to deal.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home