Friday, January 21, 2005

More progress

So we had our conference call yesterday to talk "transition." She started out by telling me that it had nothing to do with me, that I was wonderful, and really had to do with the new beauty initiative. Which I know, of course, but still made me want to puke. When we wrapped up, she asked Mary to stay on the call to discuss something. About ten minutes later, Mary comes in my office and shuts the door. I guess Carolyn told her that she really liked me and asked that I be moved over to the other side of the business, handling the fashion accounts. So Mary told her that I was moving to LA and unfortunately that wasn't an option. She said that Carolyn was very disappointed, but she reiterated how much she liked working with me, and offered herself as a reference should I need it. Love it. In lieu of boys talking about me, at least I have love from the workforce.

On that note, I had a phone interview last night with a PR firm out in LA. The woman I spoke to seemed really nice, but they have a very small office - nearly identical to the structure here. But, unlike here, they have mostly small, low budget brands, and it doesn'tseem like it would be the most optimal career step for me at this point. In any case, I will most likely to go out there and meet with them - either to change my opinion or confirm it, but also in the hopes of generating some more interviews, even informational ones at this stage. Plus: the office is about a four minute drive from my apartment. I also think the money is good, but that's not enough. We'll see.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home