Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Next Maria Menounos

Telling people about the move is fun. I've gotten all kind of compliments for my bravery and whatnot, and people say all sorts of nice things when they think they might never see you again.

Last night was Heather's b-day, and it was a lot of fun. It was a good turnout, so I think that made her feel better about turning 29, and I got to catch up with some people I haven't seen in a while. Our friend Mike was there, and when I told him I was moving, the first thing he said to me was, "You're going to be the next big talent discovery - the next Maria Menounos or something." I thought that was awesome. Not that I am in the talent, or broadcasting business, but that he would relate me to her. She is not a huge talent or anything, no big Oscar contender or serious actress, nor am I. She was just a pretty girl with a personality who landed in front of a camera and now makes ET relatable to all of Viacom's junior channels, and I include myself among her captive audience. I just thought that was a huge compliment, and loved the way it flew out of his mouth. He's gay - he has no reason to flatter or woo me. It made me feel loved - like back in the college days when I truly believed I was worship-worthy, and gave me hope that maybe I still am. : ) Thanks, Messina.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home