Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snowballing into even more progress

We are supposed to be getting at least a foot of snow today, hence the snowball reference. Got a drunk message from the RDC last night (love it) informing me that it was 85 degrees in LA yesterday (love it even more).

So Veronika talked to Jill at FP yesterday to tell her I was moving. Veronika talked me up like I have never heard anyone do, especially not a superior. I am beyond indebted to her. Even more so if it works out. Turns out Jill may be looking for someone like me, and asked me to come see her before I saw anyone else. LOVE IT. So I emailed her and sent my resume, but I know she won't get it until Monday at the earliest. With what little I know about it, I already feel that I could see myself there, at least as opposed to the other place. It's still a boutique firm, but with serious fashion and beauty clients, and an emphasis on entertainment marketing. In as much as I have always tried to steer away from that side of PR, what is the strength of an LA-based agency if they don't work in entertainment?

The other agency wants me to come in and interview Monday, Feb 7th, so I will see if Jill can meet me that day and then schedule my trip. I also need to find a place to stay the night before. I emailed Ted yesterday and asked him, because, as I mentioned, his place is literally FOUR MINUTES away from their office. Well, up front, I gave him the option of saying no, because that Sunday night is the night of the Superbowl, and - not to jinx it - there is a good chance the Patriots will be playing. Well, her writes back and says no, because he has been seeing this girl and thinks it would be disrespectful to have another female stay over. I was (am) so annoyed. I mean, it's not like I asked if I could hang out with him for the weekend, or like I was scheduling the trip for fun. I made it clear that my interview was four minutes from him and it was one night. And, what bothers me, it's not even his girlfriend. Its some girl he's been seeing for a few months or weeks and who he's leaving in six weeks! So, I get the feeling he just doesn't want me staying with him, which I think is a real shitty thing to do, but whatever. I didn't make a big deal out it. I will ask Sarah if I can stay with her, and if I have to, I will ask Tracy. Tracy would be my fiirst choice in any case if she didn't live all the way out in the valley. Ted's an idiot. But then again, he always has been.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home