Monday, November 05, 2007

Losing my voice or just learning a new language?

Well, I've been quite the celebrity magnet lately. On Friday, I saw Matthew Rhys, from my favorite show Brothers and Sisters, at One Sunset. Yesterday, I saw Zooey Deschanel at Whole Foods in Westwood, and I swear, I only recognized her because of the tights. Finally, this morning, I crossed one more name off the Willis family Starbucks Bingo card, as dad Bruce accompanied daughters Scout and Tallulah into the shop and directly in front of me on line. While I am easily star-struck, I can't remember the last time my knees actually wobbled. Sigh. You could say that he made my day.

Except that I'm still currently reveling in an amazing television placement my company appeared in last night. Imagine a 20 minute commercial on an Apprentice-like reality show. Where the contestants are literally being challenged to film a commercial for your product, and are expected to deliver the product name and message points on cue. I set this up back in May, and they filmed on my birthday, and if that doesn't say something good about the year to come (oh, was that five months ago?), then I don't know what to tell you.

I know I've been writing about work a lot lately; frankly, it's one of the only topics that keeps my interest. I've talked about maybe slowing down and possibly stopping this blog, as I seem out of words on so many of the subjects that have kept it alive these past (almost!) three years. But I think I just find my focus changing. I am more interested in work-related topics and the PR and marketing industry as a whole. If I hadn't spent the last (almost!) three years spilling such personal thoughts on here, it wouldn't be an issue; but instead, I find myself treading a thin line between promoting myself while maintaining (a relative) privacy.

And then, of course, I would still need an outlet for celebrity sightings.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally LOVE that America's Next Top Model show. However, I dunno if I be stoked to have my product on it. I can't remember the name of the product anymore, only that they showered in cold water and that the soviet guy is a snitch.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine Bruce Willis at Starbucks with his name on the cup and the Barista saying " A tall soy mochiato at the bar for Bruce" and Bruce swaggering over to the bar snapping his cup with his name on it and saying "Yippee Kai Yay" and taking a sip.

Somehow the affair must have been much more dignified than my description

 

Post a Comment

<< Home