Tuesday, March 04, 2008

People may want to do a fact-check

On my way back from lunch today, I passed a handful of photographers following a girl into the Container Store. I couldn't see her face, but she looked so young and small, I assumed it was a student film project. One photographer remained on the sidewalk, shooting through the windows, so we asked about his subject: Katherine Heigl, he replied. It was the first time I've seen paparazzi in Pasadena.

We gawked outside the window for a few seconds, hoping to catch a glimpse. She wore her blond hair back under a newsboy cap, and a bright green shirt only a celebrity could get away with. And at the risk of stating the obvious, she was startlingly tiny.

Now, celebrities are notoriously smaller in person than one would expect (the camera adds ten pounds and all that), but I've always imagined her more or less normal. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought this; this article makes a point of calling her a "curvy actress that avoids Hollywood's size 2 epidemic".

I'm here to tell you that if she is "curvy", I am obese. And the only way she's avoiding a size 2 is by maintaining a perfect size 0.

Labels:



3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider yourself lucky. The last time I ran across paparazzi was at LAX. Or, more accurately, they nearly ran me down as they chased their quarry!

Just the perspective of a single guy, but "Hollywood's" definition of women's figures (and what makes for an attractive figure, at that) lost touch with reality a lonnnng time ago...

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Katherine Heigl, I knew her when she was just a teenybopper sitting poolside at the country club. She is one of the more responsible figures I know now. She would probably make a good mom someday. A pretty brown-eyed girl.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Amy L said...

Isn't she also like 5'10"?

I love her. Mad girl crush. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home