Sunday, October 28, 2007

Against all odds

Last night I did something I've never done before. I cooked myself a burger on the stove.

Well, actually it was a Chili Lime Chicken burger from Trader Joe's, but it was frozen, and I defrosted, sprayed my skillet with Pam, and nervously watched the burner as I prayed it would cook through, all by myself. Slowly, but surely, I assure you, I will learn to appreciate this "joy" of cooking.

(The joy of dish washing, however, continues to elude me, as my skillet is still soaking in the sink alongside the wine glasses my mom and I used four weeks ago.)

Last night I also ran into Tall Guy again. At the exact same place I ran into him last week watching the game. It was my friend Laura's birthday, and she, completely coincidentally, chose to have it at that same bar. What were the odds that I would go there twice in one week? What were the odds of him? What were the odds that my other friend Lauren would turn out to know his friend from college? What were the odds that with those odds, we'd still manage not to talk to or get introduced to each other?

Maybe like the odds of the Red Sox winning the World Series. Again!



6 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Gridiron Goddess said...

hee Am proud of you for cooking! lol I have chicken and rice in the oven now, but then again I cook almost daily over here.

The joys of dishwashing escape me as well.

:)
Amy

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running, the dishwasher right now! Boston won! The coincindences are adding up!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

You didn't TALK to him?? Lori, have we taught you nothing at all?! ;o) Next time, right?...

How was the burger? As for dishwashing, I don't think ANYONE likes doing that, so don't feel too bad. Ha!

GO RED SOX!!!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we need to have some cooking lessons? I know my way around a kitchen. Maybe one of these days you, me and Nicole should stay in and cook instead of going out?!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Lori said...

See, my 1970's apartment doesn't have a dishwasher, which lessens any desire to cook that might be trying to escape.

Abby, if you and Nicole want to cook me dinner, go for it, but don't expect anything edible in return.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're hiring a dishwasher, I'm putting in an application.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home