Tuesday, October 02, 2007

More Random Tuesday Goodness

- Honestly? In 2004, could we ever have imagined that Kevin Federline would turn out to be the better parent?

- At the risk of asking the obvious, what is the point of the "poke" application on Facebook? I'm not being facetious, I honestly just don't get it. Is it a flirting thing? If so, then why am I getting poked by a.) a married girlfriend who never accepted my friend request and b.) some guy I don't know at all but is married with kids? I mean, why don't you just send me an email?

But you know what - don't bother. Like Hilary, I've recently found myself entirely over the whole concept of both Facebook and MySpace. What will I do with my free time now? Maybe converse with people in person, I guess.

- When I lived in NYC, I constantly had to take my shoes in to get re-soled. I took them wherever was most convenient, but I remember friends saying, in passing, "Oh, I have the best shoe guy!" I never really understood what made one shoe guy better than another. All they ever did for me was replace my heels, reinforce the toes, and give my old kickers a nice buff and shine, usually for $15 or less.

Well, today I learned that you can't recognize a good shoe guy until you go to a bad one. I'd put on a pair of wedges I'd just gotten back from the cobbler, and realized, only after I left the house, that they seemed unnaturally high and wobbly. Upon closer inspection, it seems that the new heel tips he put on were about an eighth of an inch higher than the originals. A small amount, sure, but enough to make my foot arch at an uncomfortably high angle. I tripped twice at work alone, and no, I hadn't been drinking. I suppose I could have just been unused to the arch, since my former heels had worn down some; but, if that was the case, the cobbler should have reinforced the toes too, to balance them out. Boo for bad service.

- How is it that three friends can call me in the span of a 10 minute shower, but when I sit alone in traffic for an hour and a half, not a single person in my address book can pick up their god damn cell phone?

- Finally, I'll leave you with a cute picture of me and my mom from this weekend, because, you know, I haven't posted about her at all lately. More photos are here.

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture has such a crazy dynamics, the angles of bottles make the background almost move.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous time with your mom!

And I think we should start a site for people who are too old for MySpace and Facebook. Oh wait, it was called Friendster.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a proud lady standing next to her daughter.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Cute pics!! I don't get the poking on Facebook either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home