Thursday, September 06, 2007

My other blog is a...

I know that it's only like, two days since Labor Day and, technically, it's not even fall yet, but has anyone given any thought to Halloween?

Okay, okay, I know I was just kvetching about a heat wave, but I've been doing some blogging recently for Halloween Mart, and their new blog, Trick or Treat, officially launched today!

My assignment was to come up with a character - one that would post among many - that could talk about Halloween costumes on a regular basis. After a few weeks of hemming and hawing and not completely understanding the assignment, it hit me.

Please allow me to introduce you to Candy Cotton, Sorority Social Chair at Southern State U. As Social Chair, Candy has theme parties to plan every week. Quite often they require a costume.

This brilliant idea of mine required virtually no stretch of the imagination. I was Social Chair of my sorority back, oh, a hundred years ago, and spent months of my life playing out some post-adolescent fantasy of dress-up, every week bringing a new reason to dress up like a 1920's flapper, 1950's prom queen, or 1970's disco dancer. Once the idea struck, I dragged out all my old photo albums for inspiration, and got lost among the sea of nostalgia and stale Natty Lite from my fridge. And then when I sobered up, I started writing.

Candy will be posting every week or so, and I invite you all to tune in as she navigates the many challenges of dressing for Rush Week, Homecoming skits, and Fraternity parties. Although the latter, let's face it, is more about the art of undressing. Not that I would know anything about that. That part all came from my imagination.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home