Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Random Tuesday Goodness

I was driving home from work tonight and almost drove off the road when this song came on the radio:



The last time I heard Boom Boom Boom, I was in sixth grade, not exactly keeping up with dance club beats, and don't think I even realized it WAS a song; rather, I just thought it was something dirty the older kids made up for us to chant in class. I couldn't have even known what the lyrics meant, but I have very vivid memories of singing it with my sixth grade clique.

That's kind of like my experience with the song Supersonic. Like Boom Boom, it came out just before my time, and I grew up chanting the chorus, not realizing until very recently that it came from an actual song. Like, from the radio. All I knew was that the S was for Super and the U was for Unique, the P was for Perfection and so on.

Apparently Paul Lekakis has an anniversary remix out now, and I've watched it seven times already on YouTube. I've watched the Supersonic video four.

At least it's getting my mind off the fact that I came home tonight to find a giant wasp's nest hovering above the front door to my apartment. Okay, it's not giant, but it's horrifically scary and not at all welcome. Is this something appropriate to call my landlord about? I hope she thinks so when she gets my voice mail tomorrow morning.

I do have a hunky neighbor I sometimes call on for stuff like this, but he's not home right now, and, anyway, I have a bit of a problem with the whole "damsel in distress" thing. I don't know why - I have plenty of friends who are happy to play that role - but I guess it's the influence of growing up under such a strong mother. Who would be horrified to think of me singing the Boom Boom song in between rounds of Spin the Bottle.

Because of my job, I receive a lot of email newsletters from various spas and skin care companies. I received one today from a company that we work with on occasion, and I got pulled in by their inspirational lead: I was at at dinner party recently in Los Angeles, and a guest there said he felt like he'd just "woken up" after realizing that he'd spent years working so hard for his company that he had truly sacrificed the time for developing a meaningful life. He didn't have a family or a wife... and while he had been successful at so many other things... now he felt remorseful and unfulfilled.

The letter then went on to talk about how we all need to take more time to smell the roses, and something related to spas, etc. but I couldn't quite follow it because I was still stuck on the lead sentence. She sat next to a single, successful, relationship-seeking man at a dinner party in Los Angeles?

What dinners parties is she going to? Now THAT is news I can use.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you will find your relationship seeking man, at the dinner party you invite him to, he'll bring the Dom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home