Wednesday, September 26, 2007

This post is so boring it doesn't even deserve a title

I'm kind of disappointed. I thought Gossip Girl started at 8:00 tonight, but I guess I have to wait another hour. Is it wrong that I find myself so obscenely excited about this show? You know, the one targeted at 12 year olds? I was never much into the OC, but this brings back memories of 90210, which, to this day, is still one of my favorites. Saturdays have been known to disappear entirely whenever SoapNet plays a marathon.

I have been slammed at work. Which is a good thing - I like being busy. But even after I leave the office, my mind works overtime, the wheels in the brain keep on turning. I skipped the gym tonight for some much needed R and R, and, oh, to plan for my mom to come visit tomorrow.

My mom is flying in tomorrow night, and then on Friday we are driving up to Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez for a weekend of wine tasting. This is my third time doing this trip now, and I am so excited to share it with her. I know she is going to love it.

I feel like this whole fall is a season of trips, though, and that the season is already slipping away from me. After this adventure, I have a major work event; and then a week later, I am off to Boston for my friend Maria's bachelorette party. A month after that I fly home again for Thanksgiving; a week after Thanksgiving, I fly to Cabo for Maria's wedding. Two weeks later it's back home for Christmas, back to LA for New Years, and I'll wonder where the hell the year went and how on earth it's possible that 32 could be just around the corner. Or in sixth months. Hmm, stress much?

No wonder I need to escape with the CW; it should stand for Chill, Woman.

Labels:



4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

For some reason, this Ferris Bueller quote popped into my head upon reading this post:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Only I knew instantly that although it sometimes feels like life flies by for you, I have no doubt you take the time to look around to enjoy the scenery and find a way to appreciate what you see. Hopefully you can find solace in that when you need it the most. :o)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger *kb* said...

Oh crap, I wanted to see this show too! LOL!! How was it?!?

Have fun in Santa Barbara with your mom! I just love SB!!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you like Gossip Girl?
You have a very busy coupla months ahead of you! Enjoy every minute :)

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question is, were B & S ever friends really?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home