Monday, September 04, 2006

End of summer, start of ?

I've written before that I am, if not necessarily a believer, at least a loyal follower of astrology. So it has been bothering me for four days now that my September horoscope starts out like this:

The winds of change are again blowing, and you are about to experience a radical shift in your career. The first week of September will be fraught with tension as unexpected news about a professional matter comes your way.

Although I guess what's really bothering me is that the last week at work truly has been fraught with tension, and so much energy has been building up to the point that I know something soon has to give. The irony is that I haven't been part of the drama, only privy to it, but the whole thing exploded into a whirlwind last week and now I'm afraid it's going to suck all of us in.

If you go on to read the rest of the horoscope, it turns out the news is more positive - that I have the power to use the changes to my advantage rather than suffer from them. But other than the drama last week, things at work have been pretty good lately, and I'm not sure I want too many changes to take place. Fortunately (or not, who knows), I won't have to wait too long to find out:

Uranus will oppose the Sun on September 5. This is an extreme aspect, and one that can cause a permanent riff, even an emotional scar afterwards. You may have to count to ten to keep yourself from having a direct confrontation with an authority figure on September 5. This aspect caused Hurricane Katrina last year, as it fell at the end of August in 2005, but as you see it can have an emotional or physical manifestation.

The main event will be a lunar eclipse due on the full moon September 7 in your solar tenth house of professional status, plus or minus 4 - 7 days. It appears your boss or client, most likely a female, is about to announce a surprise departure, and you will be distressed to hear this, for it looks like she was a strong supporter. Certainly if it is not this, something else will come up. If you were born within five days of June 5 [June 2!], you will feel this eclipse most powerfully.

This horoscope combined with the truths behind it have weighed down an otherwise fabulous holiday weekend. Friday night I met some friends out, ended up running into some more old friends, and just had a great, old fashioned fun night on the town. Saturday night another friend had a get-together at her place and we spent the night lounging on her massive porch with views overlooking the canyons, drinking wine and catching up with more old friends. Sunday and today I went to the beach, trying to soak up every last ray the summer sun would offer.

It would have been the perfect Labor Day, if only my mind hadn't worked overtime.



1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

Holy cow that's a long horoscope. I read mine and I couldn't make any sense of it. You remind me of my sister, a Gemini as well, worrying about what has yet to be. If indeed it will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home