Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Two (sides) better than one?

Regarding the post below, I should mention that I'm not even sure I want this thing to happen; all I know is that the wheels are in motion and I am suddenly along for the ride. I guess I figure that whatever happens is meant to be, but at this point I'm not particularly leaning one way or the other. Or I'll lean strongly one way and then twelve hours later I'm 180 degrees in the opposite direction. That's actually quite typical of my thought process; and, as a Gemini/twin, not at all unusual.

I felt like I had this discussion last week, in fact. I was at dinner with two friends, one of whom was explaining a problem that's affecting an important relationship in her life. I guess I have a tendency to play Devil's Advocate a lot, and I did so that night too, trying to get her to consider another point of view. My other friend commented that I'm always so good at seeing the other side of things, and while I agree that I'm good at doing that, I've also noticed it can be a detriment in business when it comes down to making a damn decision.

They say when you get older you learn to make decisions faster, more decisively (or, at least, someone said that on 24 the other night), and I suppose that's true to a degree. Maybe I'm commitment phobic or fear being attached to a bad call, but often I analyze even the most far-fletched repercussions of things before commiting to a stance.

In this case, I suppose, it's not so much about not knowing the repercussions, but not knowing what I want in the first place.

Um, so in other news, Mary Kate Olsen staged an drug intervention for Jodie Sweetin? Pot, meet Kettle. That's almost as bizarre as Lindsay Lohan falling down the stairs at Bryan Adam's mansion, which is slightly less weird than Christian Slater falling off of Paris Hilton's roof.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home