Monday, January 23, 2006

Dear Hollywood, thanks for the mammaries

I was busy staring at Elizabeth Perkins when this aired on Saturday night, but props to Defamer for sharing it and even bigger props to Drew Barrymore for sharing a bit of her good humor. Honestly, though, if anyone is going to fire their stylist... Okay, okay, I promise this will be my last post on Golden Globe fashion -- well, at least until the Oscars. Um, maybe just the Grammy's.

Before we get away from the celebrity subject, I have to tell you about how important I am - I'm officially rubbing shoulders with people rubbing shoulders with the D list! (Does that make me a double D?) I personally know two people on Perez Hilton's website: I met Zvi at Tracy's party last weekend and I worked with Sara Jaye a few hundred years ago providing gift bag items for some of her clients, most often for BCBG's Fashion Week after-party. Sara was always so nice and made sure I could attend the parties as a VIP, so it was to my benefit to donate whatever discontinued merchandise I could scavenge from the beauty closets.

My first BCBG party was held at Stephen Baldwin's bar (Luahn?) circa September 2000; I spent the night ogling him and yummy Liev Schreiber. Apparently not knowing my place on the food chain, I actually tried to flirt with Liev, if for no other reason than to be able to say that I did so, though he wasn't having any of it. Another time I donated a number of products for auction at Shannon Elizabeth's Animal Avengers charity party, and I got a personal introduction. Anyone who doesn't know Shannon by name probably knows her by face, or at least by torso, as she's best known for the role of Naughty Nadia, the foreign exchange student in American Pie. She seemed genuinely nice and warm and glad to have us there, but for the entirety of our short conversation I felt like a teenaged Jimbo focused on one thing: "Um, I've seen your boobs".

Lest my head get too inflated with the silicone of self-importance, I'm off to New York tomorrow for a quick (28 hour) work trip. I'm looking forward to it - dinner with the girls and a grueling work schedule should provide a nice respite from this Hollywood affliction, boobs-on-the-brain.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home