Saturday, October 08, 2005

Outed at The Groundlings

I try not to get too personal on this site, but it's gotten to the point where I have to edit myself just to hide the fact that I have what most people would consider a boyfriend. I hide it only out of superstitious fear that the second I write that, he will break up with me. I've lived 29 years believing in jinxes, and have no reason to change my belief system now.

But Friday night we saw the Groundlings, a comedy troupe that has produced such talents over the years as Lisa Kudrow, Kathy Griffin, and a good part of the Saturday Night Live cast, including Phil Hartman, Will Ferrell, Cheri Oteri, Chris Parnell, and the list goes on. It was awesome - better than Saturday Night Live and much better than a random stand-up. One skit required an audience member to come up on stage - and guess who was chosen.

I was on the aisle, so that surely led to my being chosen, but my hand was in Keith's, which made us an easy target. I was first asked if he was my husband (no), and then if he was my boyfriend. Despite dating for five months and having the most normal relationship I've had in years, the "boyfriend/girlfriend" term had not been directly addressed. It wasn't a time to mince words, so I answered "yes", and since he did not run screaming from the theater, and in fact only increased his affection as the weekend wore on, I feel okay about sharing the news on the internet.

And if it ends tomorrow because I chose to admit this, I'm signing up for Google Ad Sense to help supplement my impending cost of therapy.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home