Monday, September 26, 2005

Cross Country

I leave for New York tomorrow, so I don't know what kind of blogging week it will be. I get picked up at 5:30 AM for a 7 AM flight, and arrive in New York around 3:30. Of course, that will only be lunchtime for me, so it will be a long afternoon, made even longer by my excitement and anticipation of having dinner with my group of NYC friends tomorrow night.

Wednesday and Thursday I am doing editor appointments, which I am (sadistically) looking forward to. Ever since leaving Behrman I have been somewhat under radar, and while that has helped me in making my career more about the "big picture", editor relationships are invaluable, and frankly, fun to have. My regular friends would die of boredom if I tried to have a 30 minute conversation about liposomes and antioxidants.

We fly out Thursday evening at 6:25, and arrive back in LA at 9:40 PM. Quite the whirlwind trip, but I'd rather be busy and pack a lot into two days than idle for three. Well, maybe not, but I am trying to stay positive about it, since I am actually a little sad not to be able to spend the weekend and celebrate my mom's birthday on Saturday as I had originally hoped. But I'll have a lot to do on Friday, and that's why they call it work, I guess.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home