Thursday, September 22, 2005

Autumn brings confusion, fashion challenges

The last few nights I've driven home from work in varying degrees of sunset and darkness, and I've been struck each evening by a feeling that it's hours later than what the clock tells me. It's funny, because obviously the calendar is the same as it ever was and the fact that September gets dark at 7:00 rather than July's 8:00 isn't exactly the newest concept in the world to me. But I guess the fact that it still hits 80 degrees during the day and people are more inclined to dress for the weather versus the actual season (for the record, I've retired my open-toed shoes for the year except on weekends and today delared it acceptable to wear my favorite cords again) has my mind still thinking on a summer schedule.

I am headed to New York next week for a quick work trip, and I have no idea what to wear or bring. I only lived there for seven years - you'd think I'd have something in my closet appropriate for a day and a half of editor appointments. Alas, the irony is that anything appropriate for editor appointments isn't appropriate for a day of pounding the pavement. I just hope I can get away without a jacket. Mine are so last season.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home