Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Jewish guilt has set in

I should probably only feel half as guilty as I do, since I am only half-Jewish, but that logic is not working right now. Not only am I not fasting or skipping work tomorrow, I actually turned down an invitation to break the fast to instead have dinner at another friend's house. A Catholic friend who repents her sins every Sunday at Church. Yes, church.

Of course, I've never observed Yom Kippur in my life, so I'm not sure why I feel the need to start now. (Meshugenah...) Once when I was around 13 or so, I spent the day up in Maine with some Jewish friends and I fasted with them for support. I arrived back home in the late afternoon, and, with an hour or two left before sunset, decided to pass the time making brownies. I was so good until the mixing bowl attacked me and the spatula forced itself down my throat.

It has long been said that Jews run the entertainment industry, and after flying home on the empty freeway tonight, I can attest to that. That's the type of statement I should probably be asking forgiveness for right now instead of nibbling at my yummy granola bar. Pray for me, will you? It is going to be a long, hot road to hell. Of course, since I'm only half, I'll probably get stuck hanging around Purgatory somewhere.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home