Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Three Friends

One year ago, three close friends lived in New York in three different apartments within three miles of each other. They had all lived under the Manhattan skyline for at least as long as they had known each other in college; yet within the span of ten months, they each decided that suburbia held more allure than the subway, and it was time to move on. (Our definition of "suburbia" is very loose, coming from Manhattan and all).

Maria was first to go. Destination: Boston. My decision to move to LA two months later was easier knowing we wouldn't have been living in the same city anymore, anyway. And this month, Kris will make the trifecta perfecta with her move to White Plains. For seven years my life was defined by Manhattan, and now I wonder if in another few years, there will be anyone from the old life still living there. I always felt that my New York years were a gift - an extension of college during which I was never really forced to grow up; but now I feel like I just woke up after graduation, dazed and confused, wondering, how did we all get to this point?

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home