Sunday, September 18, 2005

Thoughts while watching the Emmy's

1. SO NOT FAIR that the red carpet coverage only airs live, and thus I missed all but the last five minutes when they ran from 4-5 PM my time (PST). If they can re-play the Awards show at 8:00 PST for us left-coasters, why can't they re-play the fashion coverage at 7? Isn't fashion the only reason people even watch award shows these days?

2. The five minutes I did catch were enough to convince me that Star Jones has had some sort of gastric bypass surgery. Among other things, that may explain why her face appears to be melting off her neck, but then again, she's always been a wicked witch. (I've met her at least three times in New York - it's true.)

3. Surprisingly underwhelmed by Ellen's opening monologue. How? Why? Wha?

4. Okay, first I was confused about why CBS would (even indirectly) be promoting FOX's American Idol show with their "Emmy Idol" segments. Isn't that breaking the most common law of television? BUT, I have to admit that Donald Trump in "Green Acres" was pure genius. And that Donald doesn't get paid by either station? Pure charity.

5. Could just be me, but Blythe Danner is a MUCH classier act than her daughter. Hands down.

6. My Papa looks like Johnny Carson. When I was too young to watch Carson and therefore didn't really know what he looked like, I said, Johnny Carson looks like my Papa.

7. What is wrong with the Arquette family? They may not have been blessed with an innate fashion sense, but between the three of them, you'd think they could have afforded a decent hair stylist for Patricia tonight.

8. Um, I still don't get this "Emmy Idol" segment idea. The follow-ups to Green Acres weren't only not funny, they were downright awkward to watch. Could Macy Gray look any more uncomfortable wearing a dress? The "William Shatner singing" joke was funny in 1998's Priceline.com campaign, but why now? And what was with "Fame"? Was it an inside wink to the fact that no one watches UPN's Veronica Mars? CBS, please explain.

9. If I were a lesbian, Mariska Hargitay would totally be my imaginary girlfriend. We'd have the best dressed adopted Asian babies.

10. SO HAPPY that Felicity Huffman won Best Lead Actress in a Comedy. I'm only sorry that Marcia Cross had to compete with her, because she deserves one as well. I'm just as happy that annoyarexic Teri Hatcher didn't win.

11. Now I see that the Arquette family money was spent paying off the judges. Bad investment, since now even MORE pictures will be taken of her with that AWFUL, scary, John-Travolta-in-that-Sci-fi-movie-so-bad-I-can't-even-remember-its-name hair.

12. Dennis Farina is no Jerry Orbach.

13. I heart James Spader, but in my heart of hearts, haven't gotten past his roles in Pretty in Pink and Less than Zero.

14. Once I pay off my Frankenfinger bills, I'm getting a DVD player and TIVO.

15. Am I the only person in America who DOESN'T Love Raymond?

Okay, it's 11 PM, and I am going to look for the meaning of my life elsewhere outside of TV land. But before I do that, I'm changing the name of this blog again to better reflect the television show that inspired it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home