Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas in New York

The last 24 hours have been fun. I've been given a tourist's eye view of the city and I have to say it's much nicer when you are actually with a tourist, as I could appreciate the beauty of it all and not just be annoyed at the crowds.

Natalie came in last night and we went to dinner at Town. I picked her up at her hotel, which was nicely decorated in Christmas fashion, and, at 54th and 6th, was right near the heart of the festivities. Town was okay - a bit too fancy for both our tastes but we had fun catching up and gossiping over good food and wine. This morning we (well she) had a plug on the Today show, so we hit that for an hour. Get this - one of the camera guys actually recognized me from last time or one of my many stints there, and made a comment. I am old school.

We went to Norma's for breakfast - so good - and then walked through Rock center and that whole area which is really nice when you can take the time to appreciate it. It was such a nice day too - in the high 30's or 40's - unlike the last few days which have been in the teens. We came back to my office for an hour, did a bit of nothing, then went back out so she could see the windows at Macy's. Then, because we hadn't eaten enough, we went to lunch at Coffee Shop. An entire day and we never even ran out of things to talk about. It's funny because we are very alike in many ways, especially in terms of things we like and don't like, but our lives our SO different. Aside from living in Minnesota, she is married to her high school sweetheart and has twin boys. But she still is a party girl and a pr girl and I guess things just transcend.

Now I am back in the office and it is the biggest waste of my time. I am slightly buzzed from a glass of wine at lunch, and all the girls in the next room are talking about cracking open a bottle of wine at 4. I don't even want any because since I have been stuffing my face all day, I want to hit the gym tonight. I can't believe I even have to come in tomorrow. I need to bring a book with me or something - it is so pathetic!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home