Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Shopping for Black Boxes

So, the news has been broken. It was an ideal time after our client on the conference call surprised us with the good news about The View on Thursday. And, it looks like we are only working with her through the end of January, not Feb. I thought it was odd to have 2 and a half months notice. So, that definitely ups my ante.

I was reassured not to worry, that I was a great publicist and could work on fashion, in addition to building up the beauty side of the business. Of course that's not what I want, and only makes me see that I WILL need to give notice soon, and wrap things up. That makes me excited, to be getting the hell out of there, but now I need to get a job! It has always been relatively easy for me in NYC, but to do so in LA, and from across the country, at that? Now I am scared! Who do I think I am? Aahh!

Just kidding. I am still in denial about the reality of it all. I have good PR contacts out there, and I've always pulled through. I guess what's murky now is that month of Feb when I won't be working, but won't necessarily be moved in anywhere. Unless I bit the bullet and stayed with someone. Not quite ready to think about that yet. I could stay here and work throughout Feb, but that thought doesn't really do it for me either.

This is when I really need something to fall into my lap - a boy will do as well.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home