Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Frustration

I've just spent an hour trying to set this up with a picture, and can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I consider myself rather computer savvy, yet maybe I give myself too much credit. Don't think so, but why else am I still sitting in this chair? I need a glass of wine.

That's better. My "glass" of wine is being consumed out of a disposable plastic cup - the kind you might see at a barbeque or at the beach. I have a whole cupboard of clean wine glasses - in fact, just a few months ago I purchased a set of 12 from Bed Bath and Beyond for like $10. But I do not have a dishwasher, and ever since I can remember, I've considered washing dishes to be probably the single most awful chore. Don't know why - I have no problem getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the tub - but for some reason... In any case, a few months ago I decided to stop feeling guilty about letting dishes pile up in the sink for weeks at a time, went out, and bought plastic silverware, cups, bowls, and plates. And I have never looked back. I am so ghetto. I am 28 years old and consume my microwaveable mini-meals on plastic ware. And I love it. I have friends coming over on Friday which means I will have to use real glasses - which means those glasses will be sitting in my sink until after New Years, at which point I may just throw up my hands and throw them in the garbage. It's not like I'll be taking them to LA with me.

Friday we'll be celebrating Kristin's birthday - she is the first of our friends to turn 29. Her, me, Maria and Nancy will all go out to dinner, and the big party will be next week. That, actually, is how I got on here tonight. I went to check the evite, and all of a sudden two hours later I have a blog. I am 28 and 1/2 tomorrow - Happy Birthday to me!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home