Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Algonquin

I read an article on Yahoo! news that the Algonquin Hotel, in an effort to drive traffic and renew people's interest in the ancient writers' den, has offered a $10,000 martini. The $10,000 is to reflect the cost of the diamond at the bottom of the glass - something my former diamond client is probably fuming over that we never thought of. But I digress. The Algonquin is known for housing many popular writers, poets, and literary creatives back in the day, and the article included a poem by a writer Dorothy Parker - which all these years later describes me to a tee:
"I love a martini -- but two at the most. Three I'm under the table; Four, I'm under the host."
Well, aside from the fact that I don't really drink martinis, just everything else. Classic.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home