Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday recap

I was planning a nice photo recap of the holiday weekend back east, but when I went to upload the photos, and, for the first time read the manual, I accidentally deleted all the pictures from the camera. Oops.

So, for now, here is a brief, bullet-pointed list of the highlights:

- Flew out on Thursday morning. After a brief delay, ended up sitting next to a nice young guy on the plane who chatted my ear off for three of the five hours. He was fun to talk to but I always think it is so awkward to have a conversation with your seatmate because you either strain your neck, or have to physically turn your body to face them, either option which results in talking about six inches away from their face. I've felt less intimate making out with certain people.

- Spent Christmas at my father's house with about 10-12 friends and family members. Learned my dad's house has a ghost, which I always kind of suspected, but just based on my own crazy paranoia, and nothing concrete. Now I'm wondering if my 33 years of crazy are well-founded. I'm never sleeping over there again, in any case.

- Ran lots of errands with my mom and let her cook for me. Did you know my mom is going to Ft. Lauderdale for New Years? Hanging out at the Hard Rock? How cool is she?

- Saw some old high school friends, and their kids, which I really enjoy.

- Went to see "It's Complicated" in the theater. Cute movie. A little over-directed, but very funny. Alec Baldwin plays a character similar to Jack Donneghy, and he, I thought, was the best part of the movie.

- Woke up yesterday at 4 AM (EST) to make a 6:15 AM (EST) flight, which delivered me in LA at 9:15 AM (PST) which basically meant I had been awake for eight hours before even starting my day. Though I did sleep on the plane, so that helped in terms of exhaustion, though not in terms of making me feel like I'd been through some arcane mode of time travel.

There were probably a few other highlights that I am forgetting, but I should be getting back to work, even though it's fun just to sit in my office and play among the quiet. I hope you all had a nice Christmas or just a few days off, and that you'll join me for some decent blog writing in the new year.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home