Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Inspired by the proverbial polka dot bikini

If you're wondering why I haven't lately posted about my fitness goals, well, it's because I haven't made any fitness goals. What I thought was going to be a week-long respite from running turned into a month-long hiatus, and, now, two months later, I'm still going strong. Surprisingly strong. I've replaced almost all of my workouts with yoga, have run only twice in the past two months, lifted weights a grand total of zero times, and yet my body weight is (slightly) down and my arms have noticeably firmed up. I'm sure my body has just responded to the change in routine, but considering it's officially beach season, I'll take whatever change I can get.

No matter what my weight, I still seem to have that problem with my waist. That's why I jumped at the chance to participate in Jill's fitness challenge, in which a number of us bloggers have set our own personal goals, and created a single, master blog on which to follow them. Check in to track my progress as I attempt to master 2500 crunches by July 1st. If I did the math right, that should break down to 500 per week, or 125 4X per week. I can find time to do that, right? Even if some of those are ON the beach.

This past Memorial Day weekend was a good one. I knocked out one beach day, two dinners, three nights of drinks, all of my errands, and still had plenty of downtime in between. Last weekend I had two good celebrity sightings: Justin Guarini, from the first season of American Idol, and Dave Grohl, from the Foo Fighters. Tonight I am headed out to celebrate my dear Nicole's birthday with a few rousing rounds of Tranny Bingo. And over the next few weekends I'll be further celebrating her birthday, my birthday, and the sudden, unmistakable onset of summer.

I'd better get cracking on those crunches.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Noj said...

Yoga, who would have thought! While on your hiatus I missed you dearly! Wish Nicole a happy B-day...and you aren't getting older, you are maturing like a California Red boquet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home