Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Somalia: Ur Doin It Wrong

September 19th may be Talk Like a Pirate Day, but in the last hour, two pirate-related things have made today my own personal Pirate appreciation day.

First was this video, in which Empire magazine (I've never heard of it, either) has arranged for a Goonies reunion.



This was one of my favorite movies growing up, and since I'll still watch it anytime it comes on basic cable, it's fair to say is one my favorite movies ever. I had a huge crush on Josh Brolin (well before he was Josh Brolin) and wanted to BE Kerri Green. I didn't want to be Andi, per se, rather some amalgamation of Andi and Kerri Green's character, Maggie, in Lucas. I have always wondered what happened to her, as she was one of the few stars in the movie that didn't go on to bigger things, but I can kind of appreciate the fact that she didn't work as an adult and I can therefore then always think of her as a charming teenager, someone whom I aspired to be.

Not five minutes after I finished watching the video, I decided to waste more time on Facebook, and discovered the new option of browsing like a Pirate.

Have you seen this, yet? Go down to the lower left hand corner on the homepage, and you'll see the language you are currently operating in. Click on that, then change it to English (Pirate). Arrgh! Now my homepage welcomes me with "Ahoy, there!", encourages me to "be mateys" with people I may know, and counts the time since I've updated my status in "shots of rum". As in, I updated my status 31 shots of rum ago.

That's MUCH more fun than the former option, and has given me faith in Facebook once again.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on changing the Facebook language! I decided to go for British English... so far the only difference I can see is that today's date is 1 May. Yawn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home