Monday, May 18, 2009

Kitchen accomplished

I'm writing this while sitting half-dressed in my living room, one load of laundry in the washer, another load of laundry in the dryer, which, are now, thankfully, fully installed in my very own laundry room. This may quite possibly be one of the best days of my adult life.

Most of the kitchen work was done last Friday (thanks for your prayers and well wishes) but a few things had yet to be installed. Fortunately, by the time I came home today, everything was fully functioning, swept up, and, for the most part, perfected.

Kitchen before:



Kitchen after:



(The day versus night shots don't really do the new look justice, but you get the idea.)

Basically, they re-tiled my countertops, refurnished and updated my cabinets and drawers, installed a new floor and stove, and painted all surface areas. It's not all necessarily the style I would have chosen, but it was free, and is a HUGE improvement over the kitchen I moved into four years ago. It is likely a huge improvement over the kitchen that was built 40 years ago.

One thing I do miss is my old floor:


The black and white tile was so 1950's kitsch. The new floor is generic 1980's linoleum, and while it's fine, definitely lacks the character of the floor, before. Oh well. The complaint department is closed. I am SUPREMELY content and happy.



3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why you would miss that floor, it was pretty cool. Still, living in a building that was built in the 40's myself, I know where you're coming from about improvements.

So, when is the celebratory dinner party going to be?

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Noj said...

Now that you have a kitchen you should cook something! How about prime rib or pulled pork or chicken a'la king or smoked salmon or tofu quiche, where is that recipe for raw black bear?

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your living room back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home