Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Exercising my options

His feet were bigger than my head.

I can say that with certainty since said feet were, for a large part of the class, less than two inches away from my face. While my triceps usually appreciate the challenge of holding a chaturanga, I've never taken such an excessively crowded yoga class until tonight. It's a credit to the instructor that I was centered enough not to feel claustrophobic, though it didn't hurt that the rest of Bigfoot was more than good-looking.

I've still been taking time off from running, but as of today, I'm faced with a small gym emergency. I'm taking a last-minute trip to Palm Springs this weekend for Coachella, which for most people is a music festival but for me is a chance to soak up the 100 degree desert sun in a bikini. People tell me that even I, sun worshipper that I am, will tire of the intense heat that's to come. I, however, know that I will be armed with supple Mediterranean skin and an endless supply of cocktail umbrellas, so I'm more worried about how I will look in the pool. Hence the new ticker to the right, which gives me four days to do 400 sit-ups. I did 100 tonight with no problem, and wonder if I underestimated my abilities. Then again, I haven't done a crunch in more than two weeks, so we'll see if I can even stand by Saturday.

Labels:



1 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Noj said...

Nice, you know what they say about guys with big feet...big shoes! I would have thought you were doing situps on the incline...there I go thinking again. From what I hear that because of the arid environment in the desert you dehydrate faster...drink lots of water. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home