Sunday, November 02, 2008

Do you ever just want to be someone else?


Joan Holloway and Blair Waldorf



I actually found a yellow headband at Forever 21, but the cheap plastic hurt my head just looking at it. The only other accessories I had to buy were the knee socks and choker (which you can't see in the photo); for some reason, I already seemed to own the rest of the Naughty School Girl outfit. It was, of course, a major detriment that Chuck Bass was not available for purchase.

Perhaps the scariest thing about this Halloween was the nightmare I had last night, in which I had gained 15 pounds. The reason this was so scary was because it came from a grain of truth. Over the last month or two, I have gained a good five, all around my midsection, and has made wearing much of my wardrobe, at best, uncomfortable. Five pounds is not a lot to anyone but the carrier, and to me, it is unacceptable. It is also very frustrating, because, save for the week I was away, I have also been exercising more than I have been in months. I've been running more - and faster - doing yoga, upping my weights, and being really, really careful with what I eat. I feel like I've noticed a small difference in the last day or two, but the month and a half prior have been disappointing and, quite honestly, depressing. I'm too young - and too single - to start looking middle-aged.

Fortunately, it is a new month, and I've committed to running thirty miles in November. This breaks down to about 8 miles per week, which is mostly do-able, save for the four days I'm going home for Thanksgiving. But as long as I run the two days after I get back, it should be within reach.

And if not, I may have to resign myself to looking more like a late-season Blair Warner than babe Blair Waldorf.



2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Great costumes, I love both shows! And I can fully relate to the 5 pounds, every pair of pants is tight and I am ready to to return the elliptical machine that I bought two months ago because it is doing NOTHING.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give yourself a break, you're gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home