Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunny day in Santa Monica

When people ask me why I moved here, I give them one of two explanations. The short answer, given usually when I am out at a bar or suspect the other person is just making conversation, is, "For fun." The long answer explains how I started getting tired of New York, and then suddenly found myself going to LA a lot; how in 2002 I knew no one here but by 2004 I had too many personal and professional contacts to ignore the significance; how I just felt in my gut that something was telling me to move out here.

But sometimes, the answer is much simpler.





Labels:



3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

I love that picture of the beach. You're right, sometimes there really is nothing to say. The view speaks for itself.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger shayze said...

I have to say that when I visited LA earlier this year, the scenery almost made me want to pack up an move. I have some family out there, but not sure it would have been worth it. Although, on cold Minnesota days like today, I have to wonder.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

When those photos do their job best (at answering the question) seems to be in January.

Man, I love it here. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home